- Reduce the temperature of your geyser to around 55 degrees Celsius so that you don't need to add too much cold water when you shower or do the dishes.
- Remember to keep the lid on the pot when you cook to conserve heat and energy.
The size of the pot should match the size of the stove plate; this can save you up to 25% on the electricity you use while cooking.
- Close the windows and doors when the heater is on and save money!
- Close the door every time you take things out of the fridge and also check that it seals properly.
- Soak beans, samp and other related dry food over night. This will save time, money and several hours of cooking.
Saturday, 7 January 2012
Tips to save electricity and energy at home: